Monday, April 13, 2009

R.I.P. Harry Kalas - You will certainly be missed...




(I did not take this photo, I found it on the internet. It is from the CHAMPIONS parade last October 31, 2008 - I wanted so bad to go to the parade, but so did the rest of Philadelphia. It was incredible how many people were there, and how crowded the trains and roads were. Shows how much you appreciate something like a World Series win when you haven't had one in 28 years!! Hoping for 2 in a row!!)

So sad - Harry has been the announcer for the "World F'ing Champion" Philadelphia Phillies for as long as I can remember. When Harry and Whitey (Richie Ashburn) were in the booth, there was no one better. Hopefully they will have some pull in Heaven and the Phils can get Championship #3!!!

God Bless You, Harry!

No comments:

Post a Comment